PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
My priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and prior to re-opening I have implemented a number of changes which I would like to make you aware of. During the time the treatment room has been shut, I have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd, the UK trade body for our industry. I have since made a number of changes in the way that I operate that you will notice when you next visit.
If the NHS has written to you as you are recognised as a vulnerable person, unfortunately I will be unable to treat you until further notice. This is because even after shielding ends on the 1st August, vulnerable people have been advised to limit their contact with people outside of their household or bubble, and even with PPE it is impossible to maintain social distancing during treatments.
- If I feel ill or have symptoms of COVlD-19, I will self-isolate immediately. This may mean that I have to cancel your appointment at short notice. I appreciate that this may be inconvenient but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled you will be able to re-book again.
- If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of COVlD-19, please advise me as soon as possible and DO NOT COME IN FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. I have amended my booking terms and conditions and you will not be charged for any late cancellations due to illness. Missed appointments, however, will still be charged at full price (or voucher will be voided) so if you decide you no longer want to keep your appointment please let me know as soon as possible so I can offer it to someone else.
- If you are travelling abroad, please wait 14 days after your return before booking an appointment.
- Before each appointment you will be asked to fill in a quick COVID screening form online or over the phone. If you do not complete this form your appointment will be cancelled.
Visiting the Lowen Centre
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, I ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible. Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving, or other clients/therapists at the Lowen Centre. If you arrive late your appointment will still finish at the scheduled time.
- Please wear a face mask to your appointment (if you do not have one you can purchase one for £1). You may remove it during parts of the treatment that require you to lie face down.
- Please bring minimal belongings with you, remove any jewellery and put your phone on silent before you arrive.
- I am no longer able to provide refreshments so please bring your own bottle of water.
- When you arrive please knock on the front door and I will open it for you.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter the Lowen Centre and again when you leave. Hand washing facilities are also available in the W.C.
- I have increased the frequency of cleaning in the centre including making sure that common surfaces, toilet, taps, light switches, door handles, card reader etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
- Please don’t be surprised or upset if I use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This may include disposable gloves/facemasks/aprons where appropriate.
- I can confirm that the laundering of towels is a priority and assure you that all towels and blankets are changed after each client.
New Treatment Menu
- Treatments that involve working on or near the face (the high risk zone) are temporarily unavailable due to Government guidelines, however I have created a new treatment menu including some signature spa rituals. I hope you will find something you like until it is safe to have facial treatments again. Please click here to view the new menu.
- Appointment times will be limited to a maximum of 60 minutes in total to minimise the close contact time.
- If you have a voucher for a treatment that is longer than 60 minutes or for a treatment that is temporarily unavailable, there are two options. You either use the value of the voucher towards a different treatment, or you can wait to use it when the full treatment menu is available.
During your Treatment
- I understand the importance of hand hygiene and I will ensure that I wash my hands according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment and use sanitiser during the treatment when necessary.
- The window will need to be open for ventilation so if you feel cold please let me know and I will provide extra blankets.
- I will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments please let me know and I will do what I can to satisfy you.
After the Treatment
- In order to avoid handling of cash, I would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card or in advance by BACS.
- I am no longer able to display my range of retail products so if you would like to purchase any products or jewellery please ask and I will show them to you.
- Please bring your diary and a pen or your phone to write the details of your next appointment.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and mine. I will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary.
Please bear with me whilst I get used to this new way of working; although things will be different I hope you will continue to enjoy the same high standards and quality of treatments that you are used to.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch.